There comes a time when you must decide: spend $5-8 dollars per day to buy lunch?
Or bring it?
(On a shoestring budget, that’s really not a real question.)
But, as Robin in How I Met Your Mother once pointed out, sometimes the question is more along the lines of…”Did I bring it, or did I BRING IT?”
Today, I brought it.
These were SO EASY to make and would probably be a lot better with fresh basil, but I only had the dried herbs.
How to Make These Sandwiches aka An Awesome Lunch
What you need:
- ~1 cup Spinach
- 1 tomato (the fresher the better)
- ~1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or fresh slices!)
- dried basil (or the real thing!)
- salt and pepper
- 4 smallish slices homemade bread
1. Wilt 2-3 handfuls of spinach in a pan with salt and pepper. While spinach is cooking, slice a tomato and lightly butter or SmartBalance four small slices of homemade bread (only butter one side–the side that will be facing the pan).
2. Sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese (or pile on big slabs of fresh mozz if you have it!) on two slices on the “inside” bread face, sprinkle with dried basil, and layer on sliced tomato and spinach.
3. Cook in a frying pan over medium low heat until bread is crispy and golden and the cheese is melty.